the simple small project that had an unexpected link to a new album release generated contemplation about making that link a lot closer.
That resulted in the realisation the small size would not allow for the style of the lettering in cross stitch and backstitch. Did that put an end to matters?
No, of course it did not. I got the album title to a suitable size, transferred it to the Aida using an iron transfer pencil in a pink shade and then embroidered it on. Mostly stem stitch with a little satin stitch and a few French Knots. (Oh I finished off the stamens on the flower first.
I would like to say that I intentionally positioned the album title so it became steam rising from the spout of the tea pot however, any positioning with that result was subconscious. I only realised when I was half way through stitching it!
![]() |
There is a nice space to do so under the cup. His name is Romanised on the other images I have seen, which might make it easier to do as cross stitch perhaps. Then again perhaps not as there are no circles to navigate in his name in Hangul.

No comments:
Post a Comment