Wednesday 6 December 2023

BFF SAL Variations on a theme 1 : Christmas

 A change for me and a bit of a visit to the past.

So firstly this is the project and progress for the evening.



with a bonus link to My BFF's 1st week progress on the same pattern in 2022 Click here

You may wonder why I am working on this now when I didn't in 2022? Well because I did not have the kit in 2022 having stopped my subscription to the magazine.

Well I sent in a letter with the four 3D Christmas stitches I have completed so far and it was printed. My BFF spotted it, in WOCS 340. Which just happened to have another 3D kit as the cover kit.

So off to E-bay to find a copy, two bidding attempts failed but on the third success and not just the 340 plus kit but also the kit from 2022 as well.

So for tonight's Christmas Stitch just had to make a start on the oldest of the two kits. We did have a bit of a smile as I have started from the corner and am so far enjoying the stitch, looking back my BFF started in the middle, once more a different approach.

Here is a picture of my letter appearing in the mag, with the original stitches posing alongside the ones to be added although perhaps not this year.


And a back view just for fun.


to see what my BFF got up to tonight Click Here


1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

How lovely to be in the magazine and to get the whole set of ornaments too!