Sunday 18 December 2022

2022 Advent Calendar Blog Hop

 Welcome to the 2022 Advent hop as hosted by Jo at Serendipitous Stitching, if you did not arrive her from Jo's blog then you could always CLICK HERE to follow the Advent thus far and view days 1-17.

I have day 18 and the first thing to do is share my delight that the door for my day had an oriental feel quite reflective of this years discovery of the Chinese historical drama, subtitles and all. 

The second, and to be honest the first part of the hop is share my little Christmas Stitch.


This is the Robin from Lucie Heaton's Winter Wildlife collection found in The World of Cross Stitching issue 312 (Nov 2021)

I stitched on royal blue Aida and added a little Krendix blending filament here and there for some Christmas sparkle. 
Whilst the design is from over a year ago I have only finished stitching it and it is not fully and finally framed.  Rather it is peeking through a foil card saved from last year with this in mind.

In addition to sharing a Christmas Stitch, Jo poses a question each year, so far we have shared our favourite Christmas books, films, songs, decorations, traditions (you can link to previous years hops at Jo's blog or follow the Christmas labels on here to see more) and the question this year?

What is for Afters, now some participants had not come across that term for desert or pudding, however it is one quite familiar to me and what's for "afters" a familiar question.

So, Christmas Afters, well for so many years it was a Mrs Peeks Christmas pudding, usually bought the year before and having sat waiting its turn.  On one memorable occasion we bought a rather large one and when Christmas rolled around it was too large for the number of people, so it waited and it waited and..well you get the picture. By the year we got around to eating it (please note they have a best before and not a use by date) it had matured wonderfully and was amazing.

In recent years it has bee a bit more difficult as the candied peel is difficult for my mother to swallow and finding a pud with no peel and no alcohol is just very difficult.

We have tried various chocolate puddings or sticky toffee puddings , but what is available one year that we have enjoyed does not appear to be there the following year.

So I have been reading the answers to this years question with interest as so far the Afters question for this year remains in question.

Thank you for joining in with the advent, and reading my blog, I would be delighted if you would leave a comment.

I do hope you will be visiting with me before the 25th but either way Happy Christmas and delicious afters whatever they are.

Don't forget to visit Jo tomorrow and see what's behind the next door in the Advent.



10 comments:

jocondine said...

What a lovely robin on this amazing blue fabric! Afters was a great theme with all the family stories about desserts, yours is very special too! Can wait to eat a cake! Joyeuses fêtes de Noël ! xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in the Advent Calendar Blog Hop this year.
Love your Robin and the shiny card mount is perfect.
I am glad the British contingent have not let me down and know exactly what "afters" is!
We have a Tesco's pudding from last year (to follow your tradition) and a Holly Lane from this year which may well wait until next year!
Both have alcohol in them.

FlashinScissors said...

Thank you for the lovely comment on my post.
Your Robin looks beautiful! Especially on that lovely blue fabric.
You would think with all the problems we’ve had between us, in purchasing just the right sweet we’d be making our own, wouldn’t you? 🤣😂Well, maybe next year! I’m always saying that - these days!
Wishing you all the best for a Very Happy Christmas.
Hugs,
Barbara

Roni said...

Oo I do love the Robin-is this the one the magazine had in fluffy threads by any chance? I shall keep my eyes 'peeled' for a peel-free non-alcoholic pud!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Nope, just normal thread nothing fancy or fluffy, it is the same edition that your main Advent picture came from.

Sheryl said...

Beautiful little robin and I love the blue fabric you have chosen. Merry Christmas.

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, such a sweet little Robin. He looks great on that blue.
I think I have several small ones that have definitely matured! I hope you find something this year that your Mother can enjoy.
Happy Christmas!

DJ said...

Aww your robin is so cheery, and looks lovely on the blue! Best wishes finding a pudding (or another treat) your Mum can enjoy! Have a Merry Christmas!

Tiffstitch said...

Love the little robin and hope you found a good after this year! Merry Christmas!

Leonore Winterer said...

I hope you found something delicious to have for 'afters' this year!