Monday 18 April 2022

Inside the box

 should be as nice as the outside.

I bought a little box at the charity shop. I was not sure what I would do with it but I am irresistibly drawn to boxes and if they do not always stay with me well that is OK they are good for gifting.


So had this box for a little while and it had not as yet found a purpose. Then I was given a watch and a co-ordinating pendant and the box was just the place to keep them together.

Except, well the inside was not exactly jewellery friendly.

So

Out with the saved cardboard (in this case the slightly corrugated white stuff from the box my mothers perfume came in ) the fabric scraps and the double sided sticky tape.





First the shapes..and I note the box is not itself totally regular in its shape.


White satin and double sided  sticky tape.


I had a few more issued with the sides, you would think the rectangles would be easier than the hexagon.  Apparently not!


But I managed something I am happy with, that stays put and the lid still fits so that will do for now at least.



And the box has its place and purpose.


1 comment:

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That's a pretty little box and a nice way to make it usable too!