Friday 15 January 2021

Gifted Gorgeousness January 2021 January Link-up Post

this is the first link up of the year with basically anything connected to the word "gift" is allowed, whether it was a gift TO you or is a gift FROM you.

please use the link at the end of this post to visit Jo over at Serendipitous Stitching for links to the other participants.

So Christmas gifts starts previously shared are now gifts given I can share a finish from one of those teasing starts.

Well guessed Jo it was indeed a bear...for a birth sampler.

This is not the Alphabet I had intended to use, I had one in mind but the T on that alphabet did not look quite right and I could not get the T modified to work.  I joked to my BFF that is always appears that way that it is the least clear letter in any chosen alphabet that is the one you need.

I further mused that perhaps if I called the parents and asked nicely they might see their way to changing the baby's name  to something that started with a friendlier letter from my chosen alphabet.  Not much to ask? Well perhaps not, the mother had already had some raised eyebrows at her choice of name (not from me I hasten to add) so I thought perhaps not and just designed my ownT and an alphabet to go with it.

Then I moved on to the date and struggled with getting the N for November to look right, as I moaned about that to my friend I wondered if perhaps in this instance I could persuade the government to change the name of the month to Ovember  as I thought I could manage a reasonable capital o.

As that also seamed unlikely to succeed  I struggled on and got it finished.  I quite like doing this patchwork edge it is colourful, feels reflective of me and my interests as well as being good to use up bits of thread.




I have obscured some of the lettering for the privacy of the child concerned.

I did , for Christmas get a crafting themed gift.  A book, Meg Evans Hand-Stitched Boxes.

Who knows maybe some day I will do something from it. I am fond of boxes.






click HERE for the link to Jo 




7 comments:

DJ said...

I loved your blog post, not only for the lovely stitching, but your process of getting the birth sampler finished cracked me up! It definitely will be uniquely yours, and so beautifully stitched too! What a lovely book! I consider myself a boxaholic...I'll be watching to see if you do create any of the beautiful boxes pictured on the cover!

Christine said...

Your birth sampler is lovely

Bethan said...

A very beautiful birth sampler, despite it driving you mad!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I love the little bear and his patchwork border. Now I'm pondering on the name! I notice a trend for surnames as first names, influenced by our US friends.

Kaisievic said...

The birth sampler turned out beautifully!

Faith... said...

I think your alphabet turned out great! And nobody even had to change any official names! 😊 I love that colorful border too. Congrats on your finish!

Sheryl said...

This has turned out really pretty after your struggle with some letters. what a lovely colourful surround and a birth sampler to be treasured.