Thursday 6 September 2018

Lawn Bowls Season over

and my dad is packing away his gear for another year.  I have previously shared a humorous piece I stitched for him bowls-season-openfire.

That was not the only bit of stitching I have done for him.  Much earlier I hand stitched his club crest and attached it to white towelling making a neck scarf for those rainy matches as he hated drops or rain getting down his neck.

It is about three inches square.

I took a picture of it before it went away till next April when the season starts again next year.

Hand embroidered bowling club badge

I remember stitching it on the weeks my dad was doing a 3 - 11 shift and keeping hidden till Christmas.  I was very pleased with the way it turned out...I still am as it has worn well I made it well over 30 years ago...

No comments: