Saturday 28 July 2018

Patchwork Rabbit

For the first time I have made the birth sampler before the birth, with the spaces ready for the name and other details when the baby arrives.  Also, with the issues in mind from the last birth sampler / announcement the design has been modified to fit the frame.

Nursery rabbit
Patchwork rabbit




I also changed the colours from the original.  My pallet is a bit less pastel and a bit brighter.



I added a lot more patches making a full boarder around the central rabbit.



The original design as you can see below also has a stripe of colour, mimicking a dado rail, behind the rabbit's head.




I did not think that fitted in with the change to the shape from square to rectangle required to fit the frame I have chosen to work with.

This is a picture of the original design as featured in Cross Stitch Card Shop issue 47.  It is one of six pastel patchwork nursery baby cards designed by Lucie Heaton.



Of the six, having found this pleasant to stitch I can see I might also do the patchwork teddy and rocking horse. I find the Rocking chair, bassinet and mobile less appealing.

No comments: