Saturday 23 June 2018

Cutting the mount.

I recently re-shared King-arthur-and-guinevere on Facebook and was asked what I had used to cut the mount. So as I was getting my cutters out to adjust a purchased mount, here it is, or rather they are as I used two cutters. 

For the long straight edges I used this cutter.


It attaches to grooves on the ruler that came with it.




But for the smaller fiddly bits I used this cutter made by the same manufacturer.



This is also the tool I used to cut the mounts for small-owls  and to adjust the mount for the teddies' toes in birth-announcement.

As for the project I pulled the ruler and cutters out for? Well that is the funny thing, The aperture looked too small and I was sure it needed to be made bigger.  However once I took it out of the frame it was just right and I did not need the cutters at all. Typical.  I can't share that project just yet as it is a gift not yet given.  It will make its appearance at a later date. 

No comments: